Burnt Anenome!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Has this happened to any of you as well? It seems as though mine decided to play with the heater and got burnt. It's now dead and was falling apart. I left in the morning with it out and open as per usual and by the time I got home (3 hours later) it had moved next to the heater and burnt itself.

See the attached pictures. Very disapointing.

It still could survive as long as there is nothing it the tank to disturbe it. It's hard to tell just how much damage is done. I was told that they have an "electromagnetic" skelaton and if they die they literally fall apart. I have not seen this but it's what I was told.

Yeah but the problem is that there were a pair of clowns still trying to use it as home, and it was already starting to fall apart. It had chunks coming off and it smelt like "ocean death". I'm we're all familiar with that smell.

The picture also makes it look less aggressive a problem than it really was.

Are there any pieces of equipment that you can enclose a heater in to prevent this?

I don't know of any pre-made heater guard, but maybe you can try some of that egg crate. I think they are 1/2" grids, so maybe you can cut out strips that are 1 1/2" wide or whatever size is needed and make a 3 sided box the length of the heater. Use some super glue to glue it together and zip tie it to your heater. With the back side of the heater unenclosed, you would still be able to use the suction cups on the heater to hold it on the glass. It may not look very pretty, but it might work.

Yes I have found a heater guard which will fix the problem. They're only $5 to buy online. A quick easy solution.

Thanks for your comments.

Back
Top Bottom