Calico carb upside down again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is the second time I've seen this. Last time was 2 months ago. I thought it was dead. I left it upside down for 2 days. When I tried to take it out it started moving and was alive. I think it flipped itself upside down by accident climbing the glass.

This time I saw it again (see pic) but now I see one leg detached and one of its front claws. I flipped it over and it's not moving. It was just fine an hour ago. What is going on? You can see the claw in the first picture off to the side by the rock. Is it molting or something? Should I flip it upside down again?

It was eating just fine and running around yesterday.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418777577.481606.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418777387.137820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had this happen with a Tarantula. An OBT. I went looking for her and thought she'd died. I uncovered her, boy was she mad !!!
A lady likes to molt in private LOL

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniperhank how long do you expect that would take?

Whatever I have is obviously not moving. I do not see a visible crack. I assume I should just throw it out. I tapped on it but can't tell if it's an empty shell or not.

Here is another closeup no sign of cracks...?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418856808.008490.jpg

I think what everyone is seeing as a crack is the side of the triangle shaped protrusion these crabs have on the bottom of their body's.

I say lift it out of the water and examine better, hollow=molt, smelling and heavier=dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom