California stingray infection HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovefishys18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have 2 California round stingrays. I checked on them this morning and realized something was wrong with my male. I have been searching all day to find a answer and can't. I have talked to my friend who is a zoologist and has friends that work with stingrays. We ruled out water quality from being moved. Anything will help.20180412_171725.jpg

What’s the tank size? What’s your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Are there any rocks or sharp objects in the tank? Tankmates?

Numerous parasites are known for the round stingray, comprising 40 species in approximately 19 families. External parasites include copepods and leeches, while 16 species of tapeworms are known from its digestive system, including Phyllobothrium hallericola n. sp. and Acanthobothrium olseni. Additional parasites that may be found in this ray's spiral valve intestine include Eimeria chollaensis sp. nov. and Rhinebothrium spp.[7]
^^Taken from Wikipedia.....^^
Good luck .
Not a fish for less then an experienced hobbyist...

Thank you for trying to help. I'm in touch with a marine vet and she is helping me.

Back
Top Bottom