Can anyone help my Plate coral !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually a bad sign of things to come as the white spreads. You feeding it? Water parameters OK? How long you had it. Give folks a bit more info about the setup, lighting, etc, etc. Maybe someone can help.

I never had luck with those I've had long ago.

Sorry for being so short my parameter are
Ammo 0
Nitrite .22
trate 0-10
PH 8.2
Phos 0-.25
cal 500
Alk 115
Lighting is 260 watts pc newer bulbs
we were feeding it brine and mysis every now and then. we have had it for about 2 months and it just started shedding yesterday. I am not sure if i should leave it in the tank or take it out right away, or if there is any way of saving it?? Thanks any info would help

Nitrite needs to be 0. I would do a good size PWC for sure. Also you dont have any fish that are picking at it. Any angelfish?

I would try to keep the infected area as clean as possible of debris, give it pristine water conditions and hope it recovers. If it seems to be spreading, you could always try to frag it to save the good areas.

Cut it into wedges like you would a pizza. You'll need a sharp pair of scissors to do this with. Since it's not to bad yet, I would give it some time to see if it recovers. If it's tissue continues to recede, then consider fragging it as a last resort.

Check out at night also to see if anything is eating it or picking on it like fireworms, bristleworms or any other hitchhikers. I agree with fluff that its not that bad yet. You might be able to save it. It may take a while but it would be worth the wait IMO. I've also heard that Vitamin-C (like the Marine-C) can help corals heal as well.

Back
Top Bottom