Can you feed blennies watercress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sadial

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just curious. I've noticed my blenny is occasionally pale. I feed spirulina based flake foods (I rotate a few different brands), emerald entree, and vegetable based sinking pellets now and then. Despite trying to vary the diet, I'm wondering if he's lacking nutrients. There is no algae in my tank for him to graze on - aside from chaeto, which he won't touch. He hates the nori sheets - won't eat it. Has anyone used watercress? While he isn't emaciated or anything, he does seem slightly thinner than he has been. He aggressively eats but I can't shake the feeling that something is off.

Just curious. I've noticed my blenny is occasionally pale. I feed spirulina based flake foods (I rotate a few different brands), emerald entree, and vegetable based sinking pellets now and then. Despite trying to vary the diet, I'm wondering if he's lacking nutrients. There is no algae in my tank for him to graze on - aside from chaeto, which he won't touch. He hates the nori sheets - won't eat it. Has anyone used watercress? While he isn't emaciated or anything, he does seem slightly thinner than he has been. He aggressively eats but I can't shake the feeling that something is off.

Feed that sucker some mysis. They aren't just herbivorous. They are omnivorous. Although their diet consists mainly of algae based foods, they do eat meaty foods as well. Mine got fat once I started giving him mysis

Feed that sucker some mysis. They aren't just herbivorous. They are omnivorous. Although their diet consists mainly of algae based foods, they do eat meaty foods as well. Mine got fat once I started giving him mysis

Thanks - the emerald entrée contains brine shrimp, mysis, krill, plankton, spinach, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spirulina algae and is for omnivores. He goes for that too. Its got me wondering that if this formula contains lettuce and spinach, could I feed watercress too?

Quick scan online indicates people have fed it to goldfish and cichlids - I'm curious if people here have tried it? Some things cross over ok from freshwater to salt but I'm not sure if this is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom