CAUTION TB OUTBREAK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicsdragon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

It has come to my attention that more than a few people I am in aquaitance with have become infected with turburcolus from their saltwater fish. The infection starts out when you put your hand into your saltwater tank. If you have any abrasions on your hand you have a chance of contraction the disease since it caused by the bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. It looks like a rash on your hand and then slowly creeps up your arm. If you have any of the systoms you should see your doctor and suggest to him that you may have contracted TB from your fish tank.

Wear gloves!

Edited by Phyl: Fixed the color

nicsdragon said:
Hi all,

It has come to my attention that more than a few people I am in aquaitance with have become infected with turburcolus from their saltwater fish. The infection starts out when you put your hand into your saltwater tank. If you have any abrasions on your hand you have a chance of contraction the disease since it caused by the bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. It looks like a rash on your hand and then slowly creeps up your arm. If you have any of the systoms you should see your doctor and suggest to him that you may have contracted TB from your fish tank.

Wear gloves!
Fix the color of the first post please.

<<Check this out>> for more marine TB information. It can be contracted but is different from the form of TB we are used to hearing about.

I have heard that before that reading that was very discomforting. :( I have gloves but don't use them enough!

Good link Steve.

Curious

When did I say that marine TB was easily cured? And what about my information was wrong that you would say 'you don't know where I got it from?'

Back
Top Bottom