Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
What type of shrimp is recommended for my setup? I don't have any fish in there right now, they were removed for treatment, but didn't make it. There may still be free-floating ich in the tank, but that is a fish-only parasite, and I read it does not affect inverts (including shrimp I assume). I may get a cleaner or fire shrimp. I have the snails and hermits in there now.

I may get a cleaner or fire shrimp. I have the snails and hermits in there now.

Yes either should do fine. The cleaner shrimp will be more active than the fire shrimp, but fire shrimp are much more social if done in groups.

I've heard that fire shrimp can be a little rough when cleaning, is this true?

i just got a cleaner shrimp and he is awesome, always moving around and trying to get his hands.....paws.....whatever, on my tang. also, i have heard that cleaner shrimp also become more social in groups.

If you are gonna have triggers though, watch out with those shrimp. Can become a pretty expensive snack! ;)

:hat:

I just got a mated pair of coral banded shrimp I love them they are very active and do not bother any of my other shrimps or snailsnot even my little zebra and blue leg hermits i love them i watch them all day long drives my girl nuts lol I have heard fire shrimp hide all day and you never get to see them is this true

I have heard fire shrimp hide all day and you never get to see them is this true

If they are the only one in the tank, yes it's true, I had one and it only came out when I fed the tank. However, if you can add multiple fire shrimp to the tank...they are much more social and active.

My vote is for the Cleaner shrimp I love these guy's I have 5 through out the house.

Do the fire shrimp still do a pretty good job of cleaning? I am thinking 2 skunk cleaners and 2 fire shrimp along with my 2 peppermint, 1 CBS, and 2 pistol in a 110G. Does that sound good?

Back
Top Bottom