cleaner shrimp dissappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ektorgt

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought a cleaner shrimp 2 days ago, it was good yesterday afternoon, hiding a bit and in the corner all the time... i havent seen him today... it was kind of small, about 1 inch to 1 inch and a half... i have a bicolor pseudo, a bluetang, yellow tang, maroon clown, damsel and a ch chip starfish....

has he been eaten or is he just probably hiding......

but i feed them and it doesnt come out... if my maroon clown fish is like 2 inches and the shriimp 1 inch could he ihave eaten him*??

I had a cleaner shrimp disappear one time and it never reappeared! I still have no idea what happened to it. I joke that it got out of the tank and ran away. :lol:

Molting is the only reason mine disappear. Otherwise they are out pestering everyone. Give it some time. Hopefully it will show up.

I think I found one of the shrimp's antennae. Is this because it's molting or did somebody eat it and that's the left-over?

Could be either. Do you see any parts of the molt? Does the antenna look reallty white or is it kind clear looking? I wish some of my cleaners would disappear :D They are pest when i try to feed the corals.

the antenna was kind of white/// it looked like a gray hair but i havent found any other parts of the molt....

Unless it was bright white it was probably a molt. It will stay hid for a while if it molted. Hopefully it will show up soon. If you lived close I would give you one.

Back
Top Bottom