Clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlanHall

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've just bought my first clown fish . Is it normal for a fish to never stop swimming at full speed day and night . His tank mates are a scooter blenny, goby, and clean up crew is it true that clowns need an anemone to hang out in , it does look like he ? Is looking for something

That's weird. When I added my clown he would just swim up and down n one side of the tank and it took him maybe 3-4 days to start swimming from one side to the other.

Clowns don't require nems. Mines haven't even touched mine yet. And I think it's normal for him to be swimming like that? He's probably still adapting and claiming territory or something.

My b/w clown didn't do the constant swimming, but she was a little bigger when we bought her. But when we bought a very small oscellaris for the 30g, yep, he just swam fast constantly. It's been over a month and he still swims fast constantly. I attribute it to being young with lots of energy. Lol. He also like to swim up to the side of the PH, then jump into to the current, which throws him back, and then he does it over and over. Silly fish. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom