Clown fish acting up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello recently my clown fish have been acting weird. I bought a small black one about a month ago and everything was fine he was bonding with the other clown and eating good. Recently though he been like hiding in the corner or just recent he was in the rocks not eating. Just the other day my orange one stared to do it also. Is it possible there scared of something or what can be going on?IMG_1512515338.559365.jpg

Right now i have a 65 gallon with the sail fin two clown and a six lone. I’m currently starting to build my 125. They all have been in the tank together for about two months but just within the last week or two they been acting different

I would assume there is a good amount of aggression that is putting your newly added clown in his place. 6 lines are quite territorial on their own, but adding in the large sailfin which needs the larger tank you are in the process of managing. The simple addition of the one fish upset the established territories. The sooner the upgraded system is up and running the better for the health of all fish in the current system.

Do you think it can change just like that considering they were fine together for awhile

Am i better off pulling the clowns out and putting them into a quarantine tank?

Back
Top Bottom