Clown fish shiver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

method0075

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok my clowns will rub up against each other and then shiver or shake. I`ve also seen them do this in the sand bed. I don`t know if they are displaying or showing dominence. Both appear healthy and don`t figght but have been doing this more and more recently. Any advice?

That`s what I figured. My turtles will do shivering things to try and win their mates. Thanks for the feedback and keep the insight coming. :D

Usually all clowns are male and the larger one will become the female for breeding. this might be the part of the ritual that decides who will be the man of the relationship :D

usually right before laying eggs they will be really nippy towards the bottom of an anenome in search of a place to lay her eggs with protection.

I don't know if you want them to breed, but if you do, I would start doing some research on raising the fry.

good luck

I don`t have an anenome yet the tank is too young. I will keep an eye on them and keep a post

I've had tomatoes lay eggs at work and they will also shimmy or shiver over the eggs to keep things from settling on the nest. Very cool. Maybe there is a nest in your future

Back
Top Bottom