Clown fish swimming on he's side !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul tyler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my clown fish is swimming on he's side he keeps swimming up and down the side of the glass then every now then he will sit on the top on the side then he would go under the water for a bit then the same thing happens over and over. Thay have been in the tank now for 3 days I don't no if this is because thay are getting used to the new tank or what ? I do not have Corel in there yet just live rock skimmer and power head I had a twin powerhead but my tank is 110L so I change to the single powerhead . Can any one help I have a video linked if you wanna look

How long has the tank been running, my guess its new? Is it fully cycled? How did you acclimate?

It's been running now for 3 weeks the man from shop come and set the tank up for me but the fish are the 1st marine fish for the tank and one of them she is fine swimming fine eating fine but the male he's swimming on he's side a lot on top of the water he's eating ok that's fine I have moved the powerhead to words the top in the morning il see how thay are

Clownfish are hardy, but I don't think hardy enough to survive the tanks cycle. If your tank is only three weeks old I would say it's still cycling, from the sounds of it one of them is already not gonna make I. I would recommend getting damsels to cycle your tank they are much hardier than clownfish are. Add clownfish to your tank after your cycle is complete.

Clownfish are hardy, but I don't think hardy enough to survive the tanks cycle. If your tank is only three weeks old I would say it's still cycling, from the sounds of it one of them is already not gonna make I. I would recommend getting damsels to cycle your tank they are much hardier than clownfish are. Add clownfish to your tank after your cycle is complete.

There fine now mate think it was just them going into a new tank there all fine now

There fine now mate think it was them going into a new tank the shop sead thay do get funny going into a new area

There fine now mate think it was them going into a new tank the shop sead thay do get funny going into a new area

Well at least they are showing improvement. Watch them tho, during the cycle your you parameters spike then drop gradually. It may be too much for them to handle. Best of luck to you though! I hope they survive!

Well at least they are showing improvement. Watch them tho, during the cycle your you parameters spike then drop gradually. It may be too much for them to handle. Best of luck to you though! I hope they survive!

Thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom