clown goby wont eat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a yellow clown goby that i've had for about 2 weeks now, and i dont think he's eating. his stomache seems small and i havent seen him eat a bite.

my tank is 10 gal and all my parameters are fine, nitrate less than 10, nitrite 0 ammonia 0 1.023 salinity, temp is at 78/80. my tanks been up and running for about 8 months and has ten pounds of live rock, 10 pounds live sand, one clown fish (true perc, who loves my clown goby and protects him like its his job) and one red blood shrimp, plus the usual misc. snails and crabs. i've tried flakes and frozen, he wont touch anything. what should i do?

ps, hes not shy or anything either, he swims around and gets all excited when i put food in, but he never eats it. hes friendly and always swims up to the front of the tank when i'm near it. I just dont know what to try. TIA

Well if he is happy when you feed the tank it seems like he DOES eat something.

I think he is getting SOMETHING out of the tank or in 2 weeks it would die.

Have you tried stuff like zooplankton? Supposedly new fish like that stuff, and eventually they will eat regular stuff.

hmmm, idk, i've tried krill, mysid shrimp, brine shrimp, and prime reef flake food. i'll try the zooplankton. any other advice would be appreciated too. thanks.

Just get one jar :)

When I bought some I thought "Gosh thats not very much" So I got the 3 pack.

Its a liquid type food (Has zooplankton in it, so it does have 'chunks' in it)

1 can goes a LONG way. You hardley feed them anything out of that 1 can. A little goes a long way. Just get 1 otherwise you end up with me having 3 cans that will be 100 years before they get used, lol.

I have one and he does not eat much, maybe 1-2 pieces of shrimp and he is done. Make sure the flake is small enough for him to eat.. And after you feed the tank step away and let him be and see if it eats then.
Mine will come running but does not eat all them time if I stay by the tank..

thanks seaham! thats true, i am used to my greedy puppy-like clown fish who eats like hes never seen food before, maybe he is eating and i'm just expecting him to be gulping every flake like a monster as my perc does. i'm gonna buy some zooplankton tomorrow hopefully. are you guys sure that he'd be dead after 2 weeks though if he wasnt eating?

Back
Top Bottom