Clown not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Djangom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My maroon clown is 8 years old and has never been sick, but in the last 3-4 days he stopped eating. He normally eats mysis shrimp really well. There are many other fish in the 55gal reef tank who are all doing fine. I did add some new fish and coral about 3-4 weeks ago. I also had fed a few times w a dry pellet food for the first time, which he was eating before he stopped. (instant ocean marine pellets). He mainly just hangs in the bottom corner and constantly opens and closes his mouth. He also has some small blemishes that have developed on both sides. Doesn't really look like ick... But could be I guess. Coinciding w his anorexia was that my skimmer started overflowing after putting some weld on in the tank to place some coral down. I had used this before w/out problems. Even after water and carbon changes I still had to take the skimmer out, clean it and run water through it before it would go back to normal. I'm sure that didn't help but my parameters all are basically ok
Temp 79
pH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 2.5
Phos 0.25
Cal 450
kH 8.9

I will try to upload a video

Thanks. Help me save him!!!

By the way. I don't have a hospital tank set up :( I guess I could through one together but I'm afraid it would take too long w cycling etc.

Fish passed

Sadly he passed away today. He seemed to loose his coloring in the last day and began swimming sideways and shortly died. When I took him out I noticed that he had like a puncture hole or ulcer in his side. I didn't have the heart to open him up though.

Back
Top Bottom