Clown not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeedingFrenzy20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The first couple days i got my clown fish it ate some live brine shrimp but now it has not eatin for nearly a week. any ideas on what else to try and feed it

Maybe try some mysid shrimp or cyclops-eeze. Have you offered it flake food? Another thing you could do is to get some garlic extreme or something simular to soak the food in. This helps get reluctant eaters going. Unless your soaking the brine in a good supplement, I wouldn't bother giving him more of that.

I had a clown that was very picky when it ate. I use flakes and so i just crumbled it and submerged the flakes so they floated underwater. When the flakes came TO him he ate...picky fish i tell ya

The brine is OK to be sure he is eating but it is not very valuable as a long term food source. I have seen it described as potatoe chips for fish. OK as a treat but not as the main course.

To keep them eating it will suffice but try mixing in some other options as stated in earlier posts. I use flake food and a drop of garlic extreme and the clowns love it.

Back
Top Bottom