clown won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaiden

Aquarium Advice FINatic
the clown in my qt, which is being treated with cupramine for apparent ich, won't eat anything.

the first day I had him he ate frozen brine, and now nothing

I've tried 4 different kinds of food now.

ideas?

How many days? The copper may damper his appetite. Try lacing the food in garlic juice.

was gonna say the same thing...... man quarry you're all over the place........ :lol:

LOL..... I just did a google search on invert loads for SW tanks and YOUR fish compatibility chart was the first link on the list.... LOL

Jaiden:

I'm currently having this same problem with my clown. Last night, I dropped in some Formula Two (the new formula that contains 2% garlic) and I saw him at least TRY to eat, so I'm hoping mine is snapping out of it.

When QShark says "garlic juice", is this something you can buy in a store, or do you have to make it yourself? I would think straight garlic would be way too strong.

--Aquabear

I use Kent Garlic Extreme on every once in a while. My fish go nuts when I soak their food in it!

Mike

HE ATE! I gave him some live brine and he's snapping them up. I'm not sure whether he or I are happier.

Hey there everybody....thanks for the tip about "Garlic Extreme". I wasn't sure how to add garlic flavor to food, but figured that chopping up the same stuff I cook with wasn't the way to go.

By the way, I got my clown to start eating the other day too. Quarryshark suggested the same thing to me, so I bought a new package of the new Formula Two with garlic, and he came around. There must really be something to it.

Glad for you, Jaiden, and for myself too.

--Aquabear

Back
Top Bottom