Clownfish behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester23

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK so I've heard that clowns sleep in strange positions and do strange things. But this is his second day in my tank and he stays near the surface most of the time and sometimes raises his mouth to the surface for short periods of time. Is this normal. It has me rather concerned. I believe there is enough surface agitation therefore giving it oxygen. He wont eat either. Help please. Any suggestions.

See my other post ...
Clowns are weird fish , it takes a couple days to adjust .. Just think when you move how it feels , strange sounds , smells , and lighting , some things put you on "edge" and feel spooked , he has probably moved more in his short life than he knows what to do ...
Give him a couple days ,get some garlic crush it into a paste add a couple drops of salt h20 to moisten it and thaw the mysis ,and soak some mysis in it , the garlic is thought to trigger the feeding response in fish ....
Run some tests to make sure your H20 is where it should be .. and just be patient , fish can go up to 10 days with out food so let him settle in and adjust :D

Plus, Clowns will be Clowns. :)
I agree with Sadie. If he's still doing the same thing after a week or so, then start being concerned. :)

And Cmor too apparently. :lol: Beat me by a few seconds Cmor. :)

Thanks everyone. I hope he is alright. I tested my water parameters and they are good.
0-ammonia
0-nitrite
10ppm-nitrate
SG-1.025
Temp-78
I hope you are all right.

Back
Top Bottom