clownfish sucked into aqua c remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
noticed today that clownfish got sucked into the intake of the aqua c remora ( RIP:( ) and now i cant find the other one. ive looked on the floor around the tank just incase he jumped out. i just fed them both before i went to bed last night. ive checked my parameters ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, ph 8.0, saltinity 1.26.........i also noticed 2 worms that were VERY long. did it kill the other fish? wouldnt there be something left of it even after 24 hours? what could have happened to my fish?

thats really kinda a crapshoot... do you have any scavengers in the tank that could have eaten any left overs? is there anything stuck under your rocks and such? and what kind of worms are we talking about here?

Sorry to hear about your losses. I have had my fair share of them, most are mysterious just like your. If you have a good strong clean up crew, the ohter one probally died and was taken care of by the crew.

How are you checking you salinity? Hydrometer or refrac? Most people say if the fish gets sucked up into things like that they were sick to begin with. Strong fish shoudl never have that problem.

well i didnt think it would happen either because they were always swimming in the current. one was a bit smaller b/c the bigger one got most of the food first, but he still got some. i think the bigger one was the one that was in the intake. the smaller one is the one that is missing. i check my saltinity with a refractometer. i dont know what kind of worm i was, it was the first time i had seen it. i got the camera and was goin to take a pic, but it sucked back into the rock and wouldnt come back out. i have 3 blue legged hermits, one scarlet hermit, 2 peppermint shrimps, and a medium sized nassirous snail. everyone was out looking for the dead fish. i dont have any kind of strainer on the intake, but thatll be the first thing i get. ive done a pwc, and ill check under the lr when i get home from work. fish just disappeared, i would think it would have to be somewhere.

Huum is the tank grounded ? ever see the fish just start to dart about for no apparent reason Tangs are very susceptible to stray voltage as are angels.. Most fish jump out because of a slight shock I have always noticed when people say they lost fish that jumped out they never have the tanks grounded either.
Now you say one was smaller then the other ? All clowns start out as males and as they age and mature and one will become the female and she is usually the larger of the two and will then alway be larger in size feeding has nothing to do with it..
But if you loose a fish that small in a tank it should hare nothing from messing with the water parameters . The worms you are talking about sound like bristle worms and they will eat it as well when its dead as for any that went through a pump ? they are chum and the hermits and other fish and corals will eat that its called marine snow in the real ocean..

well there was no darting, i didnt find it on the floor, i cant find him at all. i mentioned food because the smaller one didnt get much and could have been weaker explaining why the pump could have sucked him in but it was the bigger one was the one in the intake. i cant find the smaller one. i checked my parameters to make sure there was no ammonia/nitrite telling me that he was in there dead somewhere, but my levels were 0. i guess the cleaning crew got him, but im not sure how he died and id like to know because i feel bad for them. they were fine the night before. very mysterious to me. the worms were orange, very long, flat, and had bristles, but only on the sides.

Back
Top Bottom