Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dukie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I have a couple of clownfish that have their mouths permanantly wide open, can anyone tell me why this could be.
Dukie

Could be anything. Are they doing anything else out of the ordinary? Any scratching on the rocks. Do you see any salt like specks on him?

Thanks for the Replies

One of them has a small white mark near it's mouth, nothing else unusual.
Readings are: PH 8.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20, Calcium 480.

Dukie :???:

Do you have any crabs? I only ask because I had a chromis that had his jaw dislocated by a crab so he couldn't close his mouth. But the odds of that happening to more than one fish are so slim!

Actually they can get lock jaw by twitching.... I've seen it happen to my own clowns a couple times but they are very Healthy. IMO there twitching can lead to muscle spasm I am no animal doctor or expert but that seem to what could of happen it may take a couple days for it to get back to it's normal state. Is he eating? Clowns are weird I that's all I can say. Oh and my small clown has a white spot between it's lip as well but that becasue of the fighting that him and the Female are doing... It's called Female dominance. That could be another issue why one of them has that spot on it's lip. JMO. :)

Back
Top Bottom