Collapsed Falcula...HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoveboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just spotted my little Falcula laying on her side in the bottom of my tank.
She looks absolutely perfect in every way, colour ok, no marks or growths, bright eyes and gills etc. Her breathing is very laboured and her fins are rigid. She looks in a bit of a blind panic (just like me). :(
What could be wrong with her? All my other fish and verts are well with no signs of disease at all. My water perams are spot on apart from a slightly high alk. Other than that...?!?
When I introduced her into the tank at first I saw her nibbling on my brown zoanthids. Could this have poisoned her? Is there anything I can do to help her?

When I introduced her into the tank at first I saw her nibbling on my brown zoanthids. Could this have poisoned her?

Oh yeah!! Zoanthids have a very powerful neurotoxin!! There was a thread on RC awhile ago where a guy was moving his tank and his dog licked the zoanthids and died, or something like that. I have talked to reefers that have had brushes with zoanthid toxin and were very sick for awhile. If the butterfly ate some of the zos, I don't think there is anything you can do for it.

Cheers Kevin.
I had put her in my QT tank with my egg bearing skunk and the poor little thing expired earlier this evening.

:bawl:

Back
Top Bottom