Concerned about mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought this mushroom a couple days ago. The rock has about 9 or 10 "heads" on it. I've been keeping an eye on it in the LFS for over 3 weeks and I actually watch the progress of its growth and multiplication. I decided it looked healthy enough to bring home. Travel.time was no more than 15 min. I got it home and acclimated it as directed. Anyway, now it seems to be all shriveled up. Since I introduced it at night, the lights were off til morning. Is this normal behavior? I moved the rock toward the edge of the light beam to be sure I wasn't shocking it. My light is only a t5 fixture so I don't think I am shocking it. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120901_234949.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120901_234949.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 238
  • ForumRunner_20120901_234959.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120901_234959.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 70
Mine did that too when I brought them home. They would be huge at LFS, then in my tank not very big and wrinkly. But after few days they would be big again. They always retract when lights are off too. I moved mine to outer edge also, in case they were getting too much light. I'd wait couple days, then let us know if it's still retracted.

Back
Top Bottom