Copper in Q tank, how long till ICK drops off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added the recommended amount of coppersafe to my new Q tank but my tang seems to have more ICK on him than before? The copper/tank has been setup for about 48 hours, I"m hoping the ICK starts dropping off the tang soon. He is still eating and swimming around so at this point I belive he is fine..

Nobody knows? The ick on my tank is worse yet this morning, I'm afraid he's going to die, should I do a freshwater dip to get rid of some of it? Do i just catch him and put him in fresh water for a minute or 2?

EDIT: Now only 30 minutes later ( I didin't give him a freshwater dip) a bunch of the white spots seem to be gone and there are dark raised spots on him, it looks like the spots are where the white spots were, is this just damaged skin from the ICK?

Copper has no affect on the trophont stage (stage that you actually see "ich"). Copper only affects it free swimming stage with is the theront stage. If I am correct you need to dose copper for four weeks. Someone may want to double check me on that, but I believe I am remembering that correctly.

FW dips are ineffective against ich.

Go here for a good background on ich: http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/marineich.html

Back
Top Bottom