copper level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My new tang has ich, didn't notice it in the pet shop, but a few days later in QT, sure enough he had spots on his fins. So I am dosing cupramine as it says on the directions and it is not registering on the test (seachem test). So I did a reference test and it shows up. Do I add more copper or what? I know the copper is in there because after the first dose (48 hours later) she lost the spots. Also I can see it in the water. Afraid to overdose.

TIA

Take a little tank water in a container, add more copper to the container and test it. Much safer way.
Did you add the 2nd dose? Or is this just the first?

I only dosed half of the 2nd dose and tested, I do this to make sure I don't overdose than add the remaining value. Good idea, thanks QS!

ok, I put in the other half dose and it now shows the same as the reference. It turned yellow when I added the copper in the cup. I guess I needed to put the whole dose in, but it wasn't registering at all putting in 3/4 of a dose. It is now at .5. That is where I want it right? Also QS, since you have expeirence with this med, can you tell me about how much I should add after doing a 25% w/c. I want to do one tommorrow as the ammonia is .25 and rising :roll: . QT is such a joy ha ha.

One more question Kurt, I used a power head when I first added the fish and took it out hours later b/c it seemed to bother the fish. Now I mixed up 35 gallons of saltwater with the same powerhead. It is extremely cold in the garage. Do I have to wait 6 weeks before using this water or do you think it will be ok?

can you tell me about how much I should add after doing a 25% w/c
I dose the change water and test it. Gives you room for mistakes.
Do I have to wait 6 weeks before using this water or do you think it will be ok?
I think it is fine, just warm it up to room temp.

What I mean was that the ph was in with the sick fish. Is this ok? Thanks, and that is a great idea about the copper. Kudos to you!

Back
Top Bottom