Coral beauty angel help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brennan32

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently bought a Cb angelfish and i have him in a 155 gallon aquarium. It's just him and a clownfish in the tank. But i was watching my tank today and i noticed that the CB is missing some scales on it's head. I think this is due to him running into the LR but I'm not sure it is much worse now than it was a week ago ( more scales gone) other than that he is super healthy and swims all over happily. But I'm wondering if this is normal or if i should be concerned about infection and him ending up dead i paid 50$ for him at a LFS so i really don't want to loose him.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is one expensive CB, I'd be concerned too. Any new fish can be jumpy. If there aren't large enough holes for it to fit into...there will be scrapes.
Missing scales can be a different thing though and actually pointing to some sort of other issue. Is it possible to get a picture?

That is one expensive CB, I'd be concerned too. Any new fish can be jumpy. If there aren't large enough holes for it to fit into...there will be scrapes.
Missing scales can be a different thing though and actually pointing to some sort of other issue. Is it possible to get a picture?

I will try and get a pic when i get home but there are some pretty big holes in the LR

Here are some pics hopefully they arn't to blurry and you can see him. He is very actively swimming around the tank and eating off the LRImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448254146.891777.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448254163.675255.jpg

Is it picking for food or scraping up against the rocks?

Picking for food i mean like i have said it is a very healthy active fish just has those marks on it's head and i don't see why he should have any its a 155 gallon tank with only the angel and a clown in it atm with big caves in the live rock unless he is trying to squeeze through some small holes in which case should i move around my rock?

Ok will do i have only had him a week so he is probably still adjusting and it with get better with time i hope

Back
Top Bottom