Coral Beauty with Ich what to do...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a coral beauty yesterday and it is now covered in ick....what do i do? I dont have a QT set up. should i go to the store and get a 10 gallon tank and get a heater? and just run a sponge filter in the tank so I can treat the fish with copper? I need to move fast I dont want my other tank to get it so quick reply's would be a huge help.

I just dont know that it would be safe for the fish to be in a uncycled 10 gallon tank with nothing in it? I wouldnt want to buy sand or anything. and copper kills live rock doesnt it?

i set up a 20 gal QT and put the fish in there last night and am using copper medication to kill the ich

so my wrasse seems to have gotten ich as well I see 2 white spots on him should I move him to the QT as well with the copper medication. I just worry if both fish are in the QT the water will become to toxic with ammonia. What should I do to help this? Should I just test ammonia every day and keep Prime in the tank every 24hrs?

i moved the wrasse and will just control the ammonia with prime and daily water changes I think that will be the best way to treat them.

the main tank is a 25 gallon, the QT is a 20 gallon, same foot print just taller.

The flasher is taking the QT very well, hes flashing alot and honestly has amazing color in the QT I thought he may not like the copper medication much. the angel is looking dull and stressed out, and wont eat. Im not sure what to do to make it less stressed, I figured having the wrasse in the tank with it would help it but it doesnt seem to be. The angel spends 80% of its time swimming in a little circle in the corner of the tank and has alot of ich on it. The wrasse however has 2 spots on him so I thought it would be best to get him in the QT ASAP to avoid any further spread.

Back
Top Bottom