Coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waynage01

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427623220.608294.jpgwhats happening to my coral and what can I do to stop it. The rest of it looks healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You'll need to tell us more about the system and the coral for us to be of any help. It appears to be a finger leather that is upset or shedding a layer of 'skin'. Is there a white area on it?

It is a finger leather coral. The tank has been set up just over 7 months. 46g. The coral has a white area where one of the fingers has started to almost peel away if you like. I have seen it shed its skin once and it didn't look like this. I have a mushroom leather, clove polyp, a small colony of zoas and a sun coral. All these appear to be very happy and thriving. The finger leather has grown a lot since a first got it.

Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.2
No2 0
No3 10
Nh3/nh4 0
Kh 7

Here is a pic in its retracted state

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427657023.273670.jpg the pictures aren't great because the glass isn't clean by the coral. It's a little close and don't want to touch it with the mag float

Looks like normal sloughing to me. It should be OK in 3-5 days. As far as the white spot I would consider an Iodine bath.

Sorry. What's sloughing? The white bit is on the main body of the coral. Would I be better to frag all the healthy fingers and discard the bit with the White patch on or see how it comes on

Back
Top Bottom