Crab crisis!! New crab to arrive and I still haven't caught

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pom pom (boxing) crab due tomorrow. I didn't know that the mystery crab I have was so aggressive. My LFS told me it was a rock crab that will destroy everything in my tank. I didn't know this when I ordered the new crab and now it's due tomorrow. I still have not caught this crab what do I do? Will it kill my new crab? I know I know I have so many crisis I can't help it, is seems to be a way of life for me. Will crying do any good cause I'm willing to try it???

Might be able to put the new crab in something like a breeding trap til you catch the renegade crab. Or, if you have a QT tank you could put the new crab in there.

or a sump perhaps
i had a nasty bugger i took almost every rock out of my tank to get him
too bad i didnt know about him before my staghorn hermit dissapered

Ok now this is dumb, I know but is your sump the part where the water overflow and back into your tank? I don' t think mine gets any light would that be ok?

There is also a bag of carbon back there. That would be bad wouldn't it? I was also wondering if there was a macro that I could put back there that could need light?

Rachel

I dont think the carbon is a problem. I'm not sure I understand your question about the macros. You could put anything in there if you add the proper lighting. Cheato is a nice macro.

I'm not sure I understand your question about the macros

I'm sorry I meant that didn't need much light, humm my fingers get the best of me. So should I put new crab in there until old crab is caught?

Probably be a good idea. Hate so see you loose the new boxing crab. They are pretty awesome.
And I believe most macros need a good bit of light. :D

i had a nasty bugger i took almost every rock out of my tank to get him
too bad i didnt know about him before my staghorn hermit dissapered

Yeah I have some *critters* that I have a hard time catching in my tank too... they're called Damsels......... man (sorry this is slightly off topic) it took me about 3 hours to catch one domino damsel, and now I have another that needs to be caught.

Back
Top Bottom