Cromises being chased by clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kfishfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Lately my female clown fish has Been chasing my 3 new chromises around and there a bits of tail fin missing on each. One got a injury and is missing a few scales back by his tail. What I would like to know is this normal for femal clowns to do this to new fish and if so how long does it last for

Lately my female clown fish has Been chasing my 3 new chromises around and there a bits of tail fin missing on each. One got a injury and is missing a few scales back by his tail. What I would like to know is this normal for femal clowns to do this to new fish and if so how long does it last for

Oh boy is it common. And unfortunately from my experience (Maroon Clown) it doesn't end. Once the female clown has dominance established in an area (which is the nem, if you have one) and surrounding area.. All intruding fish will be bullied and chased..

I got to a point where I had no choice but to remove my female Maroon Clown because of the bullying, we had her 3 years, was the 3rd fish we got and any fish placed in the tank after her have/had been bullied, nipped or chased, plus my wife's favorite fish a purple dottyback wouldn't even come out, it would just hide in the live rock and only come out to feed.

Once I removed her from the tank, I got a new clown and placed it in the tank and there is much more harmony in the tank, the dottyback is even out swimming around. Clowns (more specifically Maroons) should actually be one of the last fish placed in the tank from my experience...

Frank

The fighting is starting to stop I only have a ocellaris male and female clowns wich were tank bread the fighting between the 2 lasted for a week then stopped . She did the same to my old fish but it eventually stopped . So is the dominance attacking get less violent after the the other fish give in.

Oh another thing how long does it take for small tail pieces to grow back and scales as well.

I just checked on them and the Harding has slowed down, but I was also chasing her with the net to show her how it felt to be chased and it seems to work.

I have a update on this , the fighting has stopped but there is the coastal chase.

Back
Top Bottom