Cutthroat salesmanship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was in my LFS today and noticed that 2 of the normal display tanks were dark and filled with bioballs. I asked what was up.

He told me that the ammonia level had spiked to 8ppm overnight, with no traces of nitrite or nitrate. On a busy day he noticed that someone from a competitor's LFS was there. He walked around the store looking and left. Several fish died and every tank on 2 full systems was in danger. He worked day and night tending to the sick fish and trying to get rid of the ammonia.

He speculated that someone had intentionally poured some cleaning agent into the tanks (at least one on each system). I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said it's not uncommon for this sort of thing to happen. He's also heard of storeowners dealing with PETA people doing the same thing in LFSs.

This LFS is the most knowledgeable around with the best prices. He wouldn't tell me who it was because he had no proof that it happened, but that it was an incredible coincidence that 2 separate systems suddenly spiked on the same day.

I can't believe how disgusting some people are...

My lfs owner says that 2 different employees from the other lfs in town came in to his store and offered to give him the client list(maintenance customers)from their store if he would give them a job. Of course he didn't take them up on it(if they do it to one they'll do it to him) and he told his supplier(who also supplies the other store)that he might want to let the guy know what his employees are up to. Where are human ethics these days

Back
Top Bottom