damaged polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased a Yellow polyp rock and some were crushed and dying or dead. The LFS just got them in the night before I bought them. he said they were injured when he got them. The don't look like fresh wounds. What can I add to the water to help rejuvinate the damaged polyps and what will eat (if anything) the dead or doomed polyps. I have removed the ones that are too far gone.

I know of nothing that will eat the doomed polyps that won't eat the healthy ones first. As for the damaged...maintain waterquality, and feed them, some baby brine shrimp or some small mysis or even target feed some blender mush.

Should I remove the ones that look like they have no hope? I don't want them to start decaying and bring up my nitrates too high. Or should I just let nature take its course? It's only a 12gal tank though, so water is pretty touchy.

That is kind of a personal decision. If it were mine, I would remove any I knew would not recover, if I thought there was even the slightest chance I would let nature take it's course and have water ready for a waterchange.

Back
Top Bottom