Damsel breathing heavy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErikV10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I just want to ask, what's wrong with my Damsel? My tank is about 6 weeks old, Damsel is about 4 weeks. He's been doing fine but the past couple of days he is not so active, always on the bottom, breathing hard and when I'm feeding them earlier, he doesn't seem to have an appetite. I went to the check the water and it's fine.

I added about 2 gallons of new water since my water is getting low. Salinity is at 1.025. I'm thinking maybe is the weather... temperature yesterday was about 82F.

HELP.

Thanks.

The water parameters are all fine. I even had my water checked at the LFS. And yes, the tank is cycled.

He's still not eating and been hiding under the rocks. :(

with higher tempatures can bring disease and sickness. Do you have a closed cover? Try opening the cover and turning on your AC if possible. Also if things get dangerous 85+ degrees u can put ice in a bag and put it in the tank i read once. Good luck and pray for your fish. Also check your heater and see if its turned up to high or has gone faulty or some how got turned up on accident during maitence.

Also the higher the temp the less oxygen in the tank. Need to slowly lower the temp by blowing a fan across the water surface.

Back
Top Bottom