dead biocolour angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wapparia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi can someone help please. I found my angel fish dead this morning and am not sure why he has died. I have taken some photos because someone might be able to see something I cant. He was swimming around with what looked like a graze or cut on him yesterday and what seemed like a red spot on his face. He was introduced 10 days ago with a fox face which is doing fine.

I have had my tank set up for around 4 - 5 months and have

1 foxface rabbit
2 pyjama cardinals
3 green chromis
2 chalk gobys
Cleaner shrimp

Test your water,,give us all the readings...
Angels are more sensitive to water conditions than your other fish..Something could have been a little off,say a tiny ammonia spike or high trates,and that would affect the angel first ..
Sorry for your loss though,it was a great looking fish

Cant because done water change but tested them 10 days ago before I put them in then I tested it 2 days ago and they were

Amm 1
Nitri 0
Nitra. 20

They were similar except amm 0.

Thanx for looking.

Did you cycle your tank? You should never have ammonia readings if you are cycled properly.
+1 ,the ammonia killed that angel...a reading of 1 is lethal ,,might explain its red spots too..burned gills

Hi yes I cycled if you have a look on threads I started there is one that says new tank set up which shows the time and effort I have went through to set it up and cycle. I am guessing that I put both the foxface and angel in together that caused the spike. Thanx and I am sorry I put the fish through pain.

Live and learn. Just keep testing for a while and make sure to do water changes when you get an ammonia reading.

I wouldnt add anything for a bit, let the bio filter catch up to the foxface.

:)

I had to add my 2 clowns tonight. I had ordered them the other day then the next my angel got bad. I have done massive water change ammonia is 0 and I am going to keep an eye on levels next couple of days at least with tests.

Picture of clowns added about 10 minutes ago.

Thanx again and I have learned and will now watch levels more next couple of days :-(

ForumRunner_20120223_192855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom