Dead fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drs1685

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I had my first tragedy today but I'm a little confused, my girlfriend called me this morning to tell me that our copperband butterfly was a goner, he was lifeless in the back of the tank, I get home to get him out of the tank and he's no where to be found, I've looked everywhere he's not in there what are the chances something finished him off I have a tang, 3 clowns 2 condy anenome serpant star and misc cu crew I'm just baffled it was only about 8 hrs

Copperband butterfly fish are very hard to take care of. They are expert only fish and will die for no reason. If you want to avoid another death in your tank get rid of one of the three clowns. 2 will pair up and kill the third. Yes im sure the fish picked at it and the CUC cleane it up :(

Yes I understood the death but was freaking out that I couldn't find him didn't want him tucked away somewhere and throw my water out of wack.

Probably got pulled under a rock by something while the rest of the cuc ate away. A good cuc can make some quick work of a fish.

But nu nu is right about the clown advice unless ya have a BIG tank.

Well the clowns have been together since I bought the tank from a lady and she had them for about a year should I still worry about this?

If two of the clowns pair up they will terrorize and destroy the third. If you want 3 clowns make sure there is no agression toward the third. If there is i would pull him out before he is killed

Back
Top Bottom