dead fish help!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrian_0775

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well my fish all died, i started with with clowdiness around the eyes and fins then the body one by one some loked like ick. i tried this organic treatment by Kordon ich-attack but they died anyways. now im down to a yellow tang wich looks like he got better and a blue spoted nasso who looks like hes not going to make it he has with clowdiness oround the gills head and eyes hes looked like that for a while. anyone have any sugestions?

before
blue spoted naso
yellow tang
powder brown tang
2 hippo thangs
powder blue tang
2 clown fish
orange dimond goby
lawnmower blenny
purple tipped anemone
serpant starfish
cleaner shrimp
pepermint shrimp
2 green emerald crabs

now
yellow tang
blue spoted naso
orange goby
purple tiped
shrimp
crabs

What size tank and how long has it been setup?

Cloudy eyes is a sign of not so good water quality. How about posting some water test results. How old is your set up? Moving this to the sick fish forum.

Did you cycle your tank? Also that is way to many fish to have added to your tank in that short of a period of time. That`s a huge bioload for a just started tank. I would get new test strips because those fish in a two month old tank you should at least have high nitrates if not ammonia and nitrites also. JMO

all fish where added during the two months and the tank was cycled for a month pryor. using 6 large tiger shrimp from the local market. no strips used

What is your water change routine? Source water?

With zero nitrate and that fish load (300G + bioload IMO), it doesn't appear that the tank is cycled. Are you running canisters? Have live rock? How much?

Agree with the others... even if the tank was cycled properly, adding that many fish that quick would cause another cycle. Did you test for ammonia/nitrites in the days or weeks after adding those fish?

Back
Top Bottom