Dead spotted goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RubixCube

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently my sister lost her spotted goby. He seemed fine for the most part except for one day. She woke up to find him dead, or just about. There was no sign of a deesiese like ich or anything like that. The only thing I seen was discoloration of the gills and his underside. He was mostly white, but when he died his underside and gills had turned a strange colour yellow. We checked the water after he had died and everything checked out. There isn’t much in the tank, a starfish, a shrimp, and a little pink and yellow fish, forget what they are called. Any Ideas? The only thing I noticed was that she never had a heater put on the tank, the water was about 24c. Also, I don’t know if this makes a difference, but she has two actinic lights on instead of one actinic and another "daylight" one.

Thanks

My guess is that it starved, the orange spotted goby (Valenciennea puellaris) gets it food by sifting sand and eating sand fauna. It is fairly common for this species to starve in an aquarium, even specimins that are eating prepared foods.

Back
Top Bottom