Do I spy a white spot!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantareadio

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got this African fire goby yesterday...what do you think of this white spot? :(

Attachments

• image-1238354652.jpg
    image-1238354652.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image-2182827058.jpg
    image-2182827058.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 96
My fox face and lemon peel tang will occasionally get a few spots of ick on them maybe every three months or so. I watch it carefully and it goes away in a couple days. I know one day it will not go away...
Just watch it carefully and be ready to act.

Do you have a qt tank if so I would put him in there and keep an eye on it because if you don't catch it before they drop off (if its ich) you'll end up with an infestation.

Watch for flashing or scratching it's side. IME feed Garlic Extreme at the first sign helps the fishes immune system fight off ICK if caught early. If a more than a few spots then I would dose the tank following directions on bottle.

I can t see the pic bc i'm on my phone and the pic small, but I have a white bubble on each side of my Firefish. I'll try to post a pic first chance I get. I just noticed it today for the first time, but I did notice he would dive bomb into the sand and thought it was just a form of play but you think he might be itching? On his left side its near his back fin and on his right side the bubble is near his top fin. I thought maybe it was stress bc my Lunar Wrasse would swim towards him once and a while.

Gas Bubble Disease in Fish

Gas bubble disease refers to the development of gases in a fish's bloodstream. This can occur when its aquarium or pond water is supersaturated with gases.

Symptoms and Types

Gas bubble disease damages the fish's tissue, causing tiny gas bubbles to form in the gills, fins, and eyes of the animal. This tissue damage, if extensive, can even lead to the fish's death.

Causes

Fishes are cold-blooded creatures, meaning their body temperature depends on the temperature of their environment. The water they live in and their bloodstreams can become supersaturated with gases when there is a sudden rise in water temperature or a sudden rise in pressure.

When the cold water in the aquarium is suddenly heated, it can release and trap gases within the water causing gas bubble disease in the aquarium fish. Similarly, pond or tank water can become supersaturated with gases when they are filled with well water through a submerged hose. These gases can also lead to gas bubble disease.

Prevention

Gas bubble disease can be prevented by slowly heating up water when it is added to the aquarium. Also, do not submerge the hose when filling up a pond. Instead, spray water from above, as this will allow all the gases to harmlessly released into the air.

This could be why... I believe its the cause of mine because I just recently got a high output light and I was leaving it on to long and it was heating the water temp to fast along with the algae growth and notice the gas bubbles as well. I didn't realized how much the light heated up the water, and believe it or not it the temp would rise 6 degrees if I left the light on for more the 5-6 hours and I have it raised 5 inches from the tank. Do you think your keeping your lights on to long and changing the water temp to much as well?

If it's within a few hours it'll make a difference but over a the course of a day not to bad. .You'll want to try and keep it within 2-3 degrees max.

Back
Top Bottom