Does this fish have a swim bladder problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_tee0419

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, what does it mean if a fish moves his finds left, right, left right, as if he is trying to stabilize himself? TIA!

It was a moorish idol I saw at my LFS. They had two. One swam graceful, and they other swam more with his front fins going left, right... than his tail. I know my angels padle like this some when they are stationary, but not when swimming....

Could be a number of thing or it could be nothing, Moorish Idols have a very poor survival rate and i wouldnt assume it is good if u think it is swimming funny, but no way to know exactly what it is , most swim bladder probles cause the fish to lose all control such as sinking, floating upsidedown, or floating on a side.

Moorish Idols have a very poor survival rate
I would stay away just b/c of that. Revhtree can tell you. They are not able to be kept happy in the vast majority of our tanks....yet :) .

they don't eat, so he's probably starving.

apparently there is some bannana flavored stuff you can soak their food in and they will eat it........... that's just what I heard though.

I think if you get one with a scar on it's face and half of one of it's fins torn off you should be okay though.

My Idol ate any and everything I put in the tank. Flake, frozen, live, mush, pellets, nori, it ate it all, and alot of it. One day it ate, and 2hrs later it was gone.

**NOTE** This was in my early aquarium imaturity

Back
Top Bottom