Dottyback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaineSalt

Aquarium Advice Activist
My two Dottybacks have what looks like chewed fins and tails. No other fish are hurt just these two? Any ideas?

In the photo you can see his tail is chewed up.

Thanks

Attachments

• image-3628410023.jpg
    image-3628410023.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 67
They were my first two fish which were given to me. It's a 40b and they've been together for two months with me and I'm not sure how long before that.

They were my first two fish which were given to me. It's a 40b and they've been together for two months with me and I'm not sure how long before that.

Hmm, we'll it could be bulling with each other, who knows on that ones haha. Watch the tank very carefully the next few days for bullying.

Fish can change over time or due to things changing. I am in the process of getting a 240 gallon tank and just last night went over to this guys house to get the fish (yellow Tang, Singapore Angel and Volitan Lion) that he has had together for a while. He had moved some of the rock around the night before and shortly after saw the angel chasing the tang around the tank. Yesterday, he woke up and the tang was almost dead. It died before I got there. He said that they had never shown signs of aggression before. I was worried about the lion...now I'm keeping an eye on the angel.

Any chance something is picking at them at night when they are hiding in the rock? They tend to go in small holes and I wonder if worms are biting at them at night? It seems they appear more damaged every morning. But during the day they stay the same. Just an observation.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom