Double statfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

king8808

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so a friend of mine has a couple double star fish but he is worried because one is getting like red and white spots on the top of him what is that he wants to know ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400504926.506951.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400504965.541691.jpg

Alot of starfish can not be exposed to air. Not sure about this one but that very well could be the problem.

Ok so will the spots go away will the star survive I mean I can't find info on me and I looked everywhere

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if it is one of the stars that can not be exposed to air then there is no hope. You`ll know because he will get wrinkly and fall apart. What kind of star is that. I`ve never seen that kind before.

My friend said he did the research before he bought the star and it was never exposed to air

He also stated he acclimation him slowly to the tank as directed as well

I doubt there's a way to ensure it was never exposed to air in the catching/selling process. Also most stars like this need huge tanks that are very mature to survive. If your friend has 2 I hope they have a few hundred gallons and lbs of LR/sand.

He has a tank I could only dream of having lol and so much richer then me

Back
Top Bottom