Duncan colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ducon colony were it looks like at one time there were heads growing in some spots. Now they are black and brown. There are healthy Duncan's growing next to the dark color ones. My question is will they ever grow back?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Take a picture, but I'd assume some of the heads were stressed and they died off. It happens at times. When I upgraded the flow in my tank I accidentally did this to two of the heads on one of my colonies. The rest of the colony is happy and healthy. Just check on the skeletal area as it can sometimes be a 'trap' for bubble algae to grow.

Sry

Attachments

• 1423322993673.jpg
    1423322993673.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 92
The other heads look ok. I'd assume the ones that died off were simply in direct flow or something. Keep an eye on it. I'd also suggest slowing things down. I want to recall that you've added a bunch of stuff recently. Slow is the goal that will lead you to success.

Haven't added anything in months have had these since I bought established tank of cl 2 yrs ago. The only thing I added recently is addition to cuc. Will the dead heads eventually back?

Are they OK. to leave in there. Or can they be removed some how. They are kind of an eye sore

Back
Top Bottom