dying coral brown yellowish stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adacaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
There is some brown yellowish stuff growing on my LR and sand my ph is 8.4 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite my lights are on 7 hrs. 2 hrs. with darker lights i have a protein skimmer UV light 2 month old 72 tank 4 fish my green torch coral is almost dead put it in friday have 3 trochus snails 1red shrimp. What is going on?

It is me again. can I put any snails , stars or any thing to clean up my tank or do I have to many things for my 2 month old tank let me know please.

What kind of lighting do you have and what type of water. Lights for a coral IMO should be run longer 12 hours min. I would not add anything until you figure out what is going on in the tank. What kind of fish.? And how are they...
Brown stuff is it like a coating on the surface? If so it could be a diatom algae a natural part of a tank maturing.
What kind of water?????

I have 2 long white bulbs with 2 long blue ones ,the blue start one hour before. the white goes on with the blue for 10 hrs. will that diatom go away, is it safe to put snails and those cleaning critters. I used filter water to mix with salt. My fish are 1clown ,1 regal tang ,1 dwarf angel, 1 mandarine fish,1 red shrimp. my tank looks ugly. what can I do to get rid of that thing coating my surface and rock

I have 2 long white bulbs with 2 long blue ones ,the blue start one hour before. the white goes on with the blue for 10 hrs. will that diatom go away, is it safe to put snails and those cleaning critters. I used filter water to mix with salt. My fish are 1clown ,1 regal tang ,1 dwarf angel, 1 mandarine fish,1 red shrimp. my tank looks ugly. what can I do to get rid of that thing coating my surface and rock

Back
Top Bottom