Dying sifter??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got a sand sifter about four or five inches across..... I noticed the other day that the tip of one of his legs was jacked.... today I picked him up and put him in the fuge and he's missing the tips of two of his legs and seems a little slimy.....

Think he's dying???? I don't want 'em to saturate my tank with nitrates....O yeah..... he's in the fuge.... do they eat pods or just detrius??

Ok so I've read on wetwebmedia.com that it's pretty much gonna croak..... any fast (humane) way to kill it ???? I think it's too bad off to trade it in.......

Try feeding it some small pieces of shrimp, place it under him.
I had the same problem, I'll never get one of those again. It seems they tend to starve, I did have mine over a year, but he recently fell apart. :(

le'me as you this.... I noticed from the other post that you have a serpent... I picked one up a few weeks ago and he's probably 8-12" from leg to leg..... should I be target feeding him???? What kind of pellets do you use???

I use the sinking pellets, I'll check on the brand and get back to you. They are shrimp pellets I believe. I just throw a few in and watch the serpent stick out their arms to grab them. Fun to watch! :D
I target feed my stars about 3 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom