Emergency on clown!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright I went to take a look at my Clowns since they are the only 2 in the Tank and on one of my clowns looks like something on his/her skin is pealing? Or it could be he's growing and shedding his skin? He seems ok and looks in good health just wondering what you guys think....:-? I saw him scratch against the rock today for the first time but then again they always scrub against the sand but they been doing that since I got them 4 months ago....

Let me know..

Thanks

Alright I went to take a look at my Clowns since they are the only 2 in the Tank and on one of my clowns looks like something on his/her skin is pealing? Or it could be he's growing and shedding his skin? He seems ok and looks in good health just wondering what you guys think....:-? I saw him scratch against the rock today for the first time but then again they always scrub against the sand but they been doing that since I got them 4 months ago....

Let me know..

Thanks
I dont know so much about clownfish but for the rubbing the rock i think its just behavior then that may be why is skin is acting that way.I really dont know but you never know

There are a number of diseases and parasites you should check out. I would QT the clownfish in question and start researching and reading. There are some good links out there. If you QT you may not lose other fish.

HHHHMMMM... Mike both links aren't either. Now would a Disease just show up or does it take time? I did a water change this morning and was Observing them earlier 2. To me it just looks more like skin shedd i've seen it before with FW fish but than again fish shedd differently. I''ll just QT him for now and go from there and see how he is in the next couple days or if the skin shedd goes away.

Can you get a pic?
Sometimes internal diseases/infections will cause additional external issues.

Well his in my QT tank first time ever putting a fish in a QT tank. But honestly He seems pretty healthy still swims to the top looking for food no signs of not wanting to eat. I am just thinking it's dead scales from growth. But I will monitor his progress and hopefully he does not start to slow down on eating he's a hyper little guy. Oh and my camera is broken looking to by a new one and the only pics I can take now are from my phone and you really can't see anything from there.....

Well the pealing is gone. Also no sign of sickness. But I did notice this morning the cracking of it's middle white line expanding towards the front of it looks cool. :)

Back
Top Bottom