Emperor angel black ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jellybeanie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed this on the skin of my juvenile emperor angel two days ago and from my quick reading online it seems to be black ich. It looks like a coat of black slime/fungus. My local lfs recommended a herbal Parazoryne treatment and I have been doing it for two days so far. It's a ten day treatment but I had hoped it would show signs of improvement by day 3. The emperor angel does not seem distressed in the least. He is swimming as normal, eating plenty and grazing on the live rock in the tank regularly. Here's a few pics (sorry for the terrible camera). Is it really black ich or something else? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400924350.873399.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400924421.863743.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400924533.986459.jpg

Sorry forgot this:

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 5

Ammonia: 0

Ph: 8.2

Anything else needed?

What are you feeding it? Any sponge? The colors look pale. How large of a tank?

Feeding it some pellets in the morning, brine or mysis in the afternoon and some more pellets in the evening with some seaweed clips every second day. Tank size it 200g

I noticed it spending a good hour with a cleaner shrimp which seems to have cleared it up a little, could it be a fungus? What could I treat it with?

Black ich is a (most of the time) tang parasite. They are not as you described. They are Tubellarian worms that get into the skin of tangs. Its not a slime or anything else like that. Let me look through my archives and see what I can find.

I have never liked FW dips. It will cause a healthy fish to be weakened and most times kill a distressed fish. Others might have good success but not me.

Okay. I'll keep it as a last resort situation as whatever this is does not seem to be distressing the fish whatsoever

Back
Top Bottom