Extended hiding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wings4wheels

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. My friend has a 55 gallon tank in her business that I helped her set up. She cycled with damsels, and now all seems good. She has started adding some fish to the fowlr tank, pearl scale butt, maroon clown, pink tail trigger, and a dwarf lion. Parameters seem good, anf I have been increasing the water changes just to pre-empt any ammonia spikes due to the increased bio load.

The butterfly doesn't swim around much, typically hiding in caves or behind rocks (not pinned, but quite timid). He's been in there the longest. The lion has been a week, and still stays against the rocks (as I expected). She picked up the trigger and clown a couple days ago. The trigger seems to wedge into the rocks, and the clown is staying behind the rocks still too. I an starting to worry that they are stressed for some reason. An u panicking early, our is there something I can do?

Btw, there are a couple of damsels still in the tank (hoping the lion would eventually take care of them for me). Please help me id the stressors in the tank and help me fix this for her. Not sure if it is foot traffic, damsels, or something else.

Thanks in advance!

That tank is too small for the trigger and butterfly. The trigger needs 125g for it to be a healthy specimen. The butterfly should have a 75. Also, you should have waited at LEAST a couple of months to add the butterfly, as they need an established tank.

Thanks. The trigger went back to the lfs. The butterfly has settled in and is out and about. I told her she needed to consult me first b4 purchases. Now just hoping the lion eventually takes care of her "damsel troubles." Lol

Back
Top Bottom