Favia is in trouble, help would be great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I just noticed that my favia brain which is usually brown has a large area of its surface that is flakey white and its pouring mucas. Two of my acro frags are not extending polyps and my pocillopra is all closed up, not sure if its realated or not. It seems that there is still normal coloring under the flakey white but its hard to tell as I just noticed it with a flashlight (my lights are out now) Anyone have suggestions. All I can think of is that it might be peeling, but its a shot in the dark.

Can you get a pic?

What are your water parameters?

Any chance some food or a piece of sand has settled on the flesh or the favia?

I can't get a pic until in the morning since my night cycle started up a while back and I don't want to disturb the whole system. I will post one in the morning. My parameters are fine:
SG: 1.025
PH: 8.3
NO3: .5
NO2: 0
PO4: .1
NH4: 0
CAL: 450
DKH: 10
Temp: 79.0 - 80.1 (24 hour flux)
After taking another look just now I see that a lot of that mucas has debris in it, however it could have been picked up while in suspension. Im just not sure. I take good care to keep my stuff free of sedimentation with a turkey baster regularly. Its hard to keep up with the Derasa blowing junk around all the time, but I make a good effort.

Well the condition passed with the morning light cycle, I think it had some sedimentation and dropped the mucas bomb to rid itself. There was good sweeper extension on the coral this morning, so I think it just did something I hadn't seen before and got a little too excitable. Thanks for the help reefrunner!

Back
Top Bottom