Fire shrimp acting wierd..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
My fire shrimp is laying on its back and moving its legs in while upside down. I've never seen him molt but I see his shell about once a month, sometimes a little more often. Could he be molting? My parameters are all stable, my corals and other fish are fine.

I don't think it would help much. He doesn't look different, just laying on its back. I found a molt there once.

He's not moving much...

Aw no! You should try and net him an put him in your fuge so you can keep a better eye on him! I would feed him too. Was there an ammonia spike?? I think i had one last night thats what killed my pep :(

Man.. We are not having great luck with shrimp are we? Was anything going after him? The six line?

I opened up my cabinets and found my skimmer overflowing!! I forgot that I added the aquastick epoxy to move a zoa! Could it have been the toxins from the stressed zoa??

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Man.. We are not having great luck with shrimp are we? Was anything going after him? The six line?

I don't think so, he isn't going near him, it was just the snails but they aren't anymore.

Dang man im really sorry :( buy a fish that eats inverts to make yourself feel better... Thats what im doing.

Lol I guess that's a plus... My tank is getting pretty. Boring now that I have two slowish fish and some snails. I think it's time to buy stuff once I get whatever is in my tank out. I'm thinking 10 gallon water change, wait a little and add 2 fish/ 1 fish and maybe an invert.

No clue. I know a midas Blenny, hopefully someone has one. I don't know what else. I might go with a pep shrimp, but I might just add two fish instead, maybe it will overwhelm the wrasse enough that it won't annoy anything.

Back
Top Bottom