Fish Breathing Fast, NEED HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rnb62679

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, I am having a big problem here and am not sure what to do... I have a 40gallon tank with 4 chromis and a small sailfin tang, and a cleaner shrimp.... My tank is about 7 months old and everything was perfect until about 2 weeks ago, I had to leave for a couple of weeks and the person I had in charge did not really do a good job cleaning the tank when I came back I had what looked like purplish algae. I am doing weekly water changes but my fish are breathing fast and one of my chromis stopped eating and is just staying in one place and not looking good...What can I do to prevent any from dying? My parameters are all normal.

Wait...purplish algae? So you have coraline algae and are unhappy about it? Aside from that, everything sounds as I would expect. Tank is to small for a tang and as for the chromis...ok well that part doesn't sound normal. Sounds like they are stressed and it is possible start of ich? But, I can't see how a tank with a tang in it isn't stressed out just from that. He needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom