Fish in Shock after fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ninh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi new to this forum. I have 3 Aholehole's (sorry don't know scientific or english name that's the Hawaiian name of the fish)in a 20gal saltwater reef tank. The largest Aholehole has been picking on the smallest recently. I noticed the large one picking at the entrance to one of the fish caves in an attempt to attack the smaller one in the hole. Then I noticed that the large aholehole was at the surface by the powerhead straight up and down sucking air. I noticed an abrasion on his side but when I attempted to check if the fish was still alive it swam away and acted sort of normal. It looks like it might have broken it's back as the tail area is slightly curved making it swim a little funny. Or is the fish in Shock. I turned off all the lights and added some stress ease. It's been about 12hrs and the fish is still alive, eating small amounts when fed, but no change what so ever. Help I was planning on taking the big fish out as he's a nuisance but I don't want him to die or suffer. HELP

I dont think there's much you're going to be able to do to keep them long term. Those fish get far too large for such a small tank. Cramming them in is only going to cause aggression issues.

As far as treating the fish in your case I would let the healthy fish go while keeping the unhealthy one alone so it can recover before releasing that as well.

Yeah I would agree with the above post they will get far too big for a 20 so I would return them

Back
Top Bottom