Fishes faeces.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can fishes faeces tell whether a fish is healthy? Is it white faeces means fishes are unhealthy and brown faeces means fishes are healthy? Or fishes health cannot tell through their faeces?

You mean to say feces, like waste, and not faces, right? General health can often be determined this way I think. I know clear can often mean an internal parasite. This is from FW knowledge, but I think it would transfer to SW.

Faces or feces? I know that if you look a freshwater fish in the face and he is fat, then he is healthy. White spots could mean disease though.

Faeces, not faces or feces. Faeces means waste discharge from animals, human etc.

My fault, upon looking it up feces and faeces are like color and colour.

From what I know, your original assumption was right.

A good guideline would be whatever color it goes in, should be similar coming out again. If you feed foods that do not have much color like scallops and such, that will not be the best indicator. You should also look for whether the wastes are solid or liquid. The liquid or "loose" wastes would also indicate a possible problem.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom